TDK CeraLink capacitors are a highly compact solution for the snubber and DC links of fast switching converters based on SiC and GaN semiconductors. These new capacitors are based on a PLZT ceramic material (lead lanthanum zirconate titanate). In contrast to conventional ceramic capacitors, CeraLink capacitors have their maximum capacitance at the application voltage, and this even increases proportionately to the share of the ripple voltage.
Two designs are currently available
SMD low profile series with capacitances from 0.25 µF up to 1 µF and rated voltages between 500 V DC and 900 V DC. Solder-pin series with capacitances from 5 µF to 20 µF and rated voltages between 500 V DC and 900 V DC.
Both types offer extremely low ESL values of below 3.5 nH.
The capacitors are designed for an operating temperature of -40 C to +125 C and can even withstand brief exposures up to +150 C.
CeraLink capacitors, SP (solder pin) series for fast switching semiconductorsApplications
- Designed for 650 V semiconductor modules, industrial power converters and inverters
- DC link/ snubber capacitors for power converters and inverters
- High ripple current capability
- Low equivalent serial inductance (ESL)
- Low equivalent serial resistance (ESR)
- Low power loss
- Low dielectric absorption
- Optimized for high frequencies up to several MHz
- Increasing capacitance with DC bias up to operating voltage
- High capacitance density
- Minimized dielectric loss at high temperatures
- High reliability
- RoHS-compatible PLZT ceramic (lead lanthanum zirconium titanate)
- Copper inner electrodes
- Silver outer electrodes
- Silver coated copper lead frame
- Epoxy resin adhesive