The CRD-5FF0912P is a pre-assembled PCB assembly in a half-bridge configuration featuring two C3M0120090J SiC MOSFETs from Wolfspeed in a surface mount 7L-D2PAK package. The board allows easy evaluation of the MOSFET switching waveforms, gate drive circuit performance and protection implementation on a PCB. It is an example on optimal layout, short circuit protection and thermal cooling for an isolated heat sink when using any 1200V or 900V Wolfspeed 7L-D2PAK SiC MOSFET. Use it as an evaluation tool or as a means to quickly prototype a SiC power converter.
- Flexible half bridge configuration to quickly prototype a synchronous Buck, boost or inverter.
- 7L-D2PAK packaged C3M SiC MOSFETs with separate Kelvin source.
- Jumper option for uni-polar (+15/0V) or bipolar (+15V/-3V) gate drive.
- Test points to easily evaluate Vgs and Vds waveforms, with an option to add a CVR for Ids waveforms.
- Reliable Desat implementation.
- Optimal thermal design featuring an Isolated and integrated heat sink with built-in forced air cooling fan.