KIT8020-CRD-5FF0917P-2: Evaluation Board for Cree’s (C3M) SiC MOSFET in a TO-247-4 Package
The KIT8020-CRD-5FF0917P-2 may be used to demonstrate high-speed switching performance of Cree’s 3rd Generation (C3M) silicon carbide (SiC) Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field-Effect Transistor (MOSFET) in a TO-247-4 package. Cree’s new TO-247-4 package provides a separate Kelvin source pin for gate drive signal return which reduces gate ringing and provides clean gate signal. This assembly comes configured as a half bridge circuit with two Cree SiC MOSFETs (P/N: C3M0075120K). The evaluation board may be re-configured by the user into synchronous boost, synchronous buck, inverter and other common power conversion topologies. There is a dedicated gate drive circuit for each SiC MOSFET.
When compared with our earlier series SiC MOSFETs the newer design Cree C3M SiC MOSFET reduces the gate to source voltage (VGS) requirements which reduces overall power losses.
- Evaluate and optimize the steady state and switching performance of Cree’s 3rd generation (C3M) SiC MOSFETs in a TO-247-4 package
- Analysis of half bridge evaluation board in various topologies i.e. Buck converter, Boost converter etc.
- Two dedicated gate drivers available for each (C3M) SiC MOSFET
- Includes (2) 1200V 75mOhm (C3M) SiC MOSFETs in a TO-247-4 Package with the testing hardware
- Documentation includes bill of materials (BOM), schematic, board layout, application note and power point presentation