November 7, 2019 – Geneva, III.:
Richardson RFPD, Inc. announced today the availability and full design support capabilities for the first-released version of the new mangOH Yellow open source platform from Sierra Wireless.
mangOH Yellow is the newest and smallest mangOH platform for sending edge data to the cloud. It enables designers to build low-power IoT applications that can run for 10 years on a battery. Additional features include:
- Compact form-factor
- A snap-in socket to add any CF3-compatible modules, including wireless modules (2G to 4G & LTE-M/NB-IoT, GPS) to achieve up to 10 years of battery life
- An IoT expansion card slot to plug-in any technology based on the IoT expansion card open standard
- Built-in Wi-Fi b/g/n and Bluetooth® 5.0 with BLE, Bluetooth mesh, NFC tag
- Built-in antennas for cellular, GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth and NFC
- Built-in accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, pressure, humidity, acoustic mic, air index quality, temperature and light sensors
- Battery charger and battery gauge
- Multiple LEDs, buzzer and touch button
- 15-pin IO expansion connector, SD card, 2-way audio connector
- Cloud and connectivity provided for Octave (3 months free usage)
- 3D-printable case designs available
Sierra Wireless plans to release 10 additional versions of mangOH Yellow by year-end. Information about those versions is available here, and Richardson RFPD is accepting pre-release orders.
To find more information or to purchase this product today online, please visit the mangOH Yellow with Soldered WP7702 plus SIM Card webpage. The device is also available by calling 1-800-737-6937 (within North America); or please find your local sales engineer (worldwide) at Local Sales Support. To learn about additional products from Sierra Wireless, please visit the Sierra Wireless storefront webpage.