Eaton 16.2V/500F Module for Backup Power
Eaton supercapacitors are high reliability, high power, ultra-high capacitance energy storage devices utilizing electric double layer capacitor (EDLC) construction combined with proprietary materials and processes. This combination of advanced technologies allows Eaton to offer a wide variety of capacitor solutions tailored to applications for backup power, pulse power and hybrid power systems.
They can be applied as the sole energy storage or in combination with batteries to optimize cost, life time and run time. System requirements can range from a few microwatts to megawatts. All products feature low ESR for high power density with environmentally friendly materials for a green power solution.
Eaton supercapacitors are maintenance-free with design lifetimes up to 20 years and operating temperatures down to -40 C and up to +65 C.
- Long life energy storage, up to 20 years
- Very low Equivalent Series Resistance (ESR)
- Wide operating temperature range
- Cost effective backup power and large energy recapture
- High efficiency (> 98%) under broad operating conditions
- High reliability, green solution
- Low operating costs and maintenance free
- Backup power
- Peak power shaving, pulse power
- Engine starting
- Regenerative energy capture for transportation
- Remote power for sensors, LEDs and switches
This white paper provides a discussion of the practical capital expenditure (CapEx) and OpEx outlooks for current VRLA, lithium-ion (Li-ion), flywheel and supercapacitor technologies with respect to UPS applications.