The ADuM4177 provides reliable control over the switching characteristics of SiC switch configurations over a wide range of switching voltages.
The ADuM4177 is an advanced isolated gate driver that provides 5 kVrms isolation employing Analog Devices, Inc. iCoupler technology. The ADuM4177 provides 8.3 mm creepage in a 28-pin wide body SOIC package. The devices are suitable for applications that require insulation against working voltages of 1060 V rms and 1500 V dc for the lifetime of the device. Combining high speed CMOS and monolithic transformer technology, these isolated gate drivers provide outstanding performance characteristics suitable for driving the demanding needs of high performance Silicon Carbide (SiC) switches. SPI communication allows for user programmable operating modes and fault read back.
- 30 A peak short circuit (typ) drive output
- 20 A peak drive current (typ) in typical application
- Output power device resistance < 0.4Ω
- 1500 V peak and dc working voltage to DIN V VDE 0884-11
- Slew rate control via SPI interface
- Low propagation delay (140 ns typ)
- Switching power supplies
- SiC gate drivers
- Industrial inverters
- Power Factor Correctors