Maxwell Technologies’ 160V module is designed to provide energy storage for emergency pitch control and maximize the energy generation of a wind turbine. Based on ultracapacitor technology, the 160V module can considerably reduce turbine maintenance and life cycle costs, improve reliability and lower the overall cost of energy. Scalable in series and parallel configuration, the product can meet a majority of the new and existing pitch power delivery requirements.
Ultracapacitors are the technology of choice for electric pitch control systems because of their longer operating lifetime, low maintenance requirements and superior cold weather performance when compared to batteries.
- Rated at 160V, 5.8F with a high power density (5.2kW/kg)
- 2,000 hours DC life at maximum operating temperature and voltage
- Designed for up to 500,000 cycling applications
- Turnkey solution includes passive cell balancing in a compact and lightweight package
- Screw terminals and center voltage tap
- Wind turbine pitch control
- Small UPS systems
- Industrial applications
- Heavy duty machinery
Richardson RFPD manufacturers represent the world’s leading providers of precision robotics Technology. Our engineers are available to assist in selecting the latest hardware, software and energy storage solutions to aid in the development of secure, scalable, and reliable products.
As the electrification of automobiles continues to accelerate, the need for a safe, reliable, high-power energy storage technology is greater than ever…