This white paper offers guidance on how to manage 2G and 3G network sunsets at the dawn of the 5G era, outlining migration paths for common application requirements.
Download this u-blox white paper on “4G LTE vs 5G: Dealing with 2G and 3G network sunsets” to learn about:
- How 2G and 3G network sunsets might affect your business
- The 4G LTE and 5G technology landscape going forwards
- Why there is a strong case to migrate common applications to 4G LTE
- Which specific flavor of 4G LTE (NB-IoT, LTE-M, LTE Cat 1bis, LTE Cat 1) is right for your use case
- How to get started with u‑blox
This paper touches upon the progression from 4G LTE to
5G New Radio (NR), current and coming standards, and the
importance of 5G NR RedCap for IoT applications.
This paper explores how to overcome the issues of complexity, cost, and availability, by building solutions based on the industry-standard MQTT protocol. It also looks at the low-power benefits of MQTT-SN for IoT applications.