Global availability and high accuracy have made global navigation satellite system (GNSS) technology a key enabler for a growing number of consumer, industrial, and automotive tracking applications. In this white paper, we offer our insights into strategies to reduce the power consumption of GNSS-based tracking devices, gained over 20+ years driving innovation in this area.
Download this u-blox white paper on “Low-power GNSS for tracking applications” and learn about:
- Strategies to optimize performance while minimizing power demand
- Hardware and software-based approaches to develop long battery-life GPS trackers
- Assisted GNSS (AGNSS) and cloud-based positioning to build ultra-low-power GPS solutions
- Recommended design choices for common use cases, including wearables, low-power asset tracking solutions, automotive trackers, and more.
- u‑blox’s positioning and tracking hardware and location-as-a-service solutions
This paper touches upon the progression from 4G LTE to
5G New Radio (NR), current and coming standards, and the
importance of 5G NR RedCap for IoT applications.
This paper explores how to overcome the issues of complexity, cost, and availability, by building solutions based on the industry-standard MQTT protocol. It also looks at the low-power benefits of MQTT-SN for IoT applications.