The BMD-360 is a powerful, highly flexible, ultra-low power Bluetooth 5.1 and IEEE 802.15.4 (Thread and Zigbee) module based on the nRF52811 SoC from Nordic Semiconductor. With an Arm® Cortex® M4 CPU, embedded 2.4GHz transceiver, and integrated antenna, it provides a complete RF solution with no additional RF design, allowing faster time to market.
Providing full use of the nRF52811’s capabilities and peripherals, the BMD-360 can power demanding applications, while simplifying designs and reducing BOM costs. Angle of Arrival (AoA) and Angle of Departure (AoD) features of Bluetooth 5.1 are supported. With an internal DC-DC converter and intelligent power control, the BMD-360 provides class-leading power efficiency, enabling ultra-low power sensitive applications.
Regulatory pre-approvals reduce the burden to enter the market. As a drop-in replacement for the BMD-300/301/330, the BMD-360 completes the BMD-300 Series lineup with an optimized peripheral set that is attractive for a wide range of cost-sensitive applications.
- Bluetooth v5.1 with direction finding (AoA/AoD) for location tags
- Bluetooth long range support (Coded PHY) for extended range and coverage
- 802.15.4, Thread, and Zigbee
- Powerful, ultra‑efficient 64 MHz 32‑bit Arm® Cortex®-M4 CPU with 192 kB Flash and 24 kB RAM
- Footprint compatible with BMD‑300/301 and BMD‑330 modules
Precision Navigation and Positioning (PNP) refers to the ability to accurately determine location and orientation in three-dimensional space using Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS).