The silicon carbide (SiC) power MOSFET product line from Microchip increases the performance over silicon MOSFET and silicon IGBT solutions while lowering the total cost of ownership for high-voltage applications.
The MSC015SMA070B4 device is a 700 V, 15 mOhm SiC MOSFET in a TO-247 4-lead package with a source sense.
- Low capacitances and low gate charge
- Fast switching speed due to low internal gate resistance (ESR)
- Stable operation at high junction temperature, TJ(max) = +175C
- Fast and reliable body diode
- Superior avalanche ruggedness
- RoHS Compliant
- High efficiency to enable lighter/compact system
- Simple to drive and easy to parallel
- Improved thermal capabilities and lower switching losses
- Eliminates the need of external freewheeling diode
- Lower system cost of ownership
- PV inverter, converter and industrial motor drives
- Smart grid transmission & distribution
- Induction heating and welding
- H/EV powertrain and EV charger
- Power supply and distribution
A 1.7 kV SiC MOSFET is an excellent choice for using a single switch flyback topology in an auxiliary power supply application that requires a wide input voltage range.
With Microchip’s SiC digital gate drivers, users experience reduced switching losses and improved system density.