Microchip Technology Silicon Carbide (SiC) MOSFETs offer superior dynamic and thermal performance over conventional Silicon (Si) power MOSFETs. These MOSFETs come with low capacitances, low gate charge, fast switching speed, and good avalanche ruggedness.
- Low capacitances and low gate charge
- Fast switching speed due to low internal gate resistance (ESR)
- Stable operation at high junction temperature, TJ(max) = +175C
- Fast and reliable body diode
- Superior avalanche ruggedness
- RoHS Compliant
- Isolated voltage to 2500V
- High efficiency to enable lighter/compact system
- Simple to drive and easy to parallel
- Improved thermal capabilities and lower switching losses
- Eliminates the need of external freewheeling diode
- Lower system cost of ownership
- PV inverter, converter and industrial motor drives
- Smart grid transmission & distribution
- Induction heating, and welding
- H/EV powertrain and EV charger
- Power supply and distribution
With Microchip’s SiC digital gate drivers, users experience reduced switching losses and improved system density.
Microchip accelerated Silicon Carbide (SiC) development kits include the hardware and software elements required to optimize the performance of SiC modules and systems.